Vraag

booster en TP link proximus tv op kamer

• 9 September 2021
  • 13 reacties
  • 2054 Bekeken

Ik heb vooraan in het huis de bBox3 staan. Via de Bbox vertrekt een kabel naar de hal boven. Dit is een redelijke afstand. Het wifi signaal van de bBox3 komt niet tot daar. Aan deze kabel is een TP-link ax50 (met 5Ghz wifi) aangesloten. Alle kamers ontvangen hierdoor een sterk wifi signaal. Ik heb nu een booster en decoder bijgehuurd om ook op de slaapkamer tv te kunnen kijken. Het is precies niet mogelijk om de booster te verbinden met proximus decoder. Deze geeft aan dat er geen verbinding is met het netwerk. Ik heb ook nagegaan of er geen switch tussen stond. De kabel van de TP link vertrekt zeker vanuit de bBox3. Is het technisch onmogelijk? 

Ik probeerde ook beide SSiD een zelfde naam te geven, na de wps functie aan de hoofd modem te hebben uitgevoerd. 

13 reacties

Best eerst beginnen bij het begin werkt de wifi booster als je hem dicht bij de bbox zet en dan synchroniseert op de bbox (best eerst de wifibooster resetten) dan synchroniseren (via WPS functie) op de bbox, dan ben je al zeker dat dit goed werkt.

En als je bv een decoder aansluit op je TP-link ax50 met een utp kabel werkt de decoder dan.

Reputatie 4
Badge +1

Mogelijk ben ik verkeerd, maar volgens mij is een booster voor internet (192.168.1. xxx range) en die bedient niet de TV range 10.10.10.xxx welke door tv gebruikt wordt en ook nodig is. Je zal dus de TV decoder moeten verbinden via  utp vrees ik.

Mogelijk zie ik het fout, Mogelijk heb je een 2 e kanaal verbinding nodig  die je in de tv-uitgang steekt van de Bbox (die al bezet is door de eerste decoder trouwens) en ook de eerste decoder dus wifi-verbindt, of je een stopkontakten verbinding legt voor de 10.10.10.xx connectie met de 2  decoders

Dat was vroeger zo in bridged mode maar nu werkt men in routed mode!

En trouwens na een switch / AP  (aangesloten aan de bbox)  werkt een decoder die aangesloten is aan die switch / AP of het nu zoals vroeger in bridged mode was als nu in routed mode.

EDIT: Maar aangezien ik na opzoeken via google vaststel dat  de TP-link ax50 een router is zal je decoder niet werken omdat hij de bbox niet ziet, als je de TP-link ax50 instelt als switch zal de decoder wel werken.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

&

Eventueel kunnen 2 Proximus boosters in cascade het probleem oplossen 

Installeer meerdere Wi-Fi Boosters | Proximus

Hiervoor zouden blijkbaar wel (sommige) oudere Bbox3hiervoor moeten vervangen worden 

Inderdaad bij een eigen router achter Bbox dient de decoder in principe nog steeds direct achter de Bbox te worden geplaatst

Je privérouter instellen als draadloze router | Proximus

Eventueel kunt u ook gebruik maken van bv.Powerlines met WiFi en IGMP ondersteuning

TP-LINK Powerline Kit AV1300 + WiFi AC1350 Gigabit (TL-WPA8635P KIT(BE)) (mediamarkt.be)

Succes

Hi, I have exactly the same problem to solve. All proximus tech desk did is send me to this link. I don’t want to run a 2nd Ethernet cable from bbox across the house to the attic and into the 2nd decoder. More holes in our house wall etc …

I don’t want multiple proximus boosters

currently I have a Ethernet cable from the bbox to the attic, into a new tp link hub with WiFi, then an Ethernet cable from the hub to the decoder. It doesn’t work..

did anyone find a simple way to connect the 2nd decoder so I can watch proximus in the other part of the house? Perhaps a simple converter/switch attached to the Ethernet cable from the bbox and with one connection going to the bbox and the other to the tp link

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

currently I have a Ethernet cable from the bbox to the attic, into a new tp link hub with WiFi, then an Ethernet cable from the hub to the decoder. It doesn’t work..

did anyone find a simple way to connect the 2nd decoder so I can watch proximus in the other part of the house? Perhaps a simple converter/switch attached to the Ethernet cable from the bbox and with one connection going to the bbox and the other to the tp link

Which “TP Link hub is involved? Is it a smart hub mesh router?

The IPTV decoder normally has to be connected directly to the BBox, eventually a switch supporting IGMP snooping can be connected between the BBox and the decoder

So the ethernet cable to the attic can eventually be connected  to such a switch (input) and the decoder could be connected to output A of the switch and the TP Link hub could eventually be connected to output B of the switch 

However maybe it e.g. could be possible to use the hub itself as Access Point  (to support the IPTV decoder)

@Oceangolf123 is this hub a switch who  support IGMP snooping ?

PS :

Now I see that M_016 is already helping you, so I'd rather leave this to him

Hi, thanks. I’m not a tech expert but I just ordered a net gear GS305P from cool blue. It has the IGMP snooping. I didn’t check if my TP link has it as I already know when I plug the Ethernet cable in from to link to decoder, it doesn’t work.

so, I will connect the Ethernet cable from the bbox to the GS305, then 1 Ethernet cable to TP link and one direct to decoder. Will this then work or do I have to configure the net gear device? Thanks so much for helping me

I can check the spec on the tp link but seeing as I already ordered the net gear 305 I may as well use it. Please let me know if/how to configure so port A goes to decoder and port b to tp link 

thanks guys. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

I do suppose you do refter to 

Netgear GS305EP - Coolblue - Voor 23.59u, morgen in huis

Normally at switch level no specific configuration settings have to be created (IGMP settings are active by default)

cfr user manual available on the Coolblue site e..g. p.49 

Anyway please do provide info on your TP Link “hub” type

I do suppose it could be a router and therefore te interaction with the decoder wouldn’t be ok without “manitpulation” = router → AP or maybe eventually other modifications in the settings)

Hi, I collect the gs305 today and will plug in and hope it works. do you think it will?

Here are my tp-link details. it was also new. Archer AX23 AX1800 dual band. 

Please continue to help, i really appreciate a solution to a simple issue :-)

The New AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router Archer AX23 Opens Up Wi-Fi 6 for More People

if you connect a decoder behind this router, your decoder will not work, the decoder must be able to see the bbox.

if you can use them as switch / access point, then the decoder will work.

see How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

tp-link Archer AX23 AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 Router User Guide (manuals.plus)

Hi, many many thanks. I connected the Ethernet cable directly into the decoder, it then went through the full set up. Then I installed the switch and then it worked 👍

Reageer