Beantwoord

Proximus V5 compact TV Box decoder infrared sensor

• 20 December 2022
  • 12 reacties
  • 1170 Bekeken

Reputatie 2

I have a Cisco IPV5001 device (SN: 255993508 - PID: IPV5001-BGCPRD) which is used as a Proximus V5 compact TV Box decoder here in Belgium.
Is the Cisco IPV5001 actually having an infrared sensor?
Can you inform me where exactly on this CISCO decoder device the infrared sensor signal is located?
I don’t succeed to connect the decoder with my Marmitek IR Module (IR Control PN:27325)
Bedankt/Merci/Thanks for your feedback!

icon

Beste antwoord door Pat52 22 December 2022, 16:14

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

@JH-BE 

Hopefully someone from Proximus or others can provide the exact location of the IR eye.

A method you can try is to use a (thick) hard cardboard,
or something like that, which certainly can't get infrared through,
in front of the front of the decoder and slide it from left to right
until the decoder no longer responds to commands from the remote control and
repeat this by moving right to left, in between is the infrared eye.

Reputatie 2

Thanks Martin!
I was in touch with Proximus HelpDesk already, they can’t tell me the IR location on their V5 compact TV Box decoder and mention it’s neither supported…
So unfortunate, hopefully somebody from the forum can help.

As additional information I would like to inform you that you can operate the v5C with remote control via RF, if your V5C is hidden.→ Remote control via radio frequencies  | Proximus

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@JH-BE as Martin already metioned, you don’t need any IR extender to use the decoder when he’s hidden in a cupboard. You can activate the RF this way. 

I don’t know the exact location of the IR eye on the decoder neither. I think it will be installed in the neighbourhood of the power on/off button in the front. I will check with a collegue to be sure and keep you posted. 

Reputatie 2

@HadewychT & @Martin 

Thanks for your feedback!
Any further update about the IR eye location on the V5 compact TV Box decoder?
Your suggestion to activate RF is not compatible with the Bose universal remote control.
So I’m forced to follow the IR route, hence my request.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@JH-BE The eye is located in the front side of the decoder. I didn’t get the exact location of the receiver.  

Reputatie 2

@HadewychT Hope you will find more info to specify the exact location avoiding trial and error

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@JH-BE

The IR eye is located 4-5 centimeters to the left of the USB connection on the front side. Below is a photo of the circuit board of the Cisco IPV5001. The V5 compact decoder.

Reputatie 2

@Pat52 Many thanks, much appreciated!
This forum is much more effective than the regular Proximus support. 

@JH-BE And even much better than the cisco community :-))

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@JH-BE 

Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad to hear that I and the other volunteer forum contributors were able to help you. Also don't forget that the official employees of Proximus active here on the forum do this in second line support on their main task at Proximus.
And the Proximus employees active here on the forum also do everything they can to help costumers as best as possible. But sometimes a lot of research is needed for which they don't always have the time.
Reputatie 2

@Martin Absolutely!!! 
No single response from Cisco forum on topic ‘Cisco IPV5001 device infrared sensor’
Quite disappointing from Cicso as the Proximus V5 compact TV Box decoder is a Cisco device

Reageer