Vraag

Nest wifi router setup

• 12 January 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 120 Bekeken

Hello,

I have a google nest wifi router and it’s connected to the proximus internet box router. So the current is like this;

Fiber modem → Proximus internet box → Google Nest Wifi router

My question is, can I remove the proximus internet box and connect google router to the fiber modem directly? When I try to connect directly, google router couldn’t establish internet connection(it works flawless behind the proximus internet box). So I entered the PPPoE credentials in the google router but still didn’t work. 

Do I need to keep proximus router(internet box) in order to use my own google router? 

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Utku 

Until the end of 2024 it will not be possible to install a private router directly on a Proximus connection point( the fiber modem).

Now a bbox3 or internet box from proximus must be installed on the connection point.

Geert

@Utku 

FYI: Configure your private router | Proximus

@Utku

Until the end of 2024 it will not be possible to install a private router directly on a Proximus connection point( the fiber modem).

Now a bbox3 or internet box from proximus must be installed on the connection point.

Geert

Thanks for the clarification. So I’m waiting for the end of the year :)

Reputatie 4
Badge +1

@Utku  you need Vlan on your router, then it is possible to use it without the modembox,

i have it working with mobile Viking fiber that goes through Proximus fiber, so maybe it works with yours to, but you dont get support if you works through that way.

succes 😉

@Utku 
FYI: philippe_d schreef:

First of all you should mention wich Proximus subscription you have. I assume from above you have a Fiber connection .. which speed?

Contrary to the previous post, you can run your own router on a Proximus Fiber connection. There are 2 ways:

Using the Internet Box

• Go to “My Proxiumus” and activate the bridge (Advanced settings > Network > Bridged LAN Host) by entering the WAN MAC adress of your router.
  • Disable the WiFi of your Internet Box.
  • Connect the WAN port of your (mesh) router to the LAN1/bridge port of the Proximus Internet Box.
  • use DHCP as the interconnection mode on your router. No VLAN needed.
  • Your router will now receive a public IPv4 adress and a IPv6 /56 Prefix.

Without the Internet Box

• Disconnect the Proximus Internet Box from the Proximus ONT (Fiber modem).
  • Connect the WAN port of your router to Proximus ONT.
  • Set the WAN port of your router to VLAN20 and use DHCP (IPoE).
  • Your router will now receive a public IPv4 adress and a IPv6 /56 Prefix.

Reageer