10gig Ultrafiber problems

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 159 Bekeken

i had 1000/200 on my address, yesterday i filled the form and they called, i asked for a 8500/1500 ultrafiber upgrade and then they downgraded me to 1000/100 and said it will be changed in 2-4 hours, after 1 day so today i filled the form again and asked about it in call, they responded that theres no ultrafiber option yet availble in 1800 postcode, so iam stuck with slower speed again for no reason, they didnot even give me a date for availability, also iam using the bbox3v+ modem with ont+ but i ordered the newer internet box+ yesterday and it will come tomorrow, i hope when i swith to the newer modem will work but i have no luck in me. sad. i wouldve given much more money to get it early..Is there  way to check the availablity date somewhere like store?

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

FYI e.g.

Fiber to your business, now with 10 Gbps fiber! | Proximus

With Business Ultra Fiber available from the end of February in Brussels, Antwerp, Namur, Ghent and Liège

= there is not yet XGPON 10 Gbps fiber available in 1800 Vilvoorde

Internetboxes (for GPON 1Gbps) can be provided by Proximus for free customer renting by Proximus via Bpost to customers having a Pack Flex subscription with fixed line (and to others at a a one-time cost of 49 euro)

Proximus most probably will not provide you an internetbox+ if XGPON is not present on your location

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Handled by Maxime R (moderator) in the Fr-forum

Projet pilote fibre 10 Gbps (XGS-PON) | Proximus Forum

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Cemilaw The speed of your line is now back to 1000/200. 

You can find the info about ultrafiber in the link M_016 posted already. 

FYI e.g.

Fiber to your business, now with 10 Gbps fiber! | Proximus

With Business Ultra Fiber available from the end of February in Brussels, Antwerp, Namur, Ghent and Liège

= there is not yet XGPON 10 Gbps fiber available in 1800 Vilvoorde

Internetboxes (for GPON 1Gbps) can be provided by Proximus for free customer renting by Proximus via Bpost to customers having a Pack Flex subscription with fixed line (and to others at a a one-time cost of 49 euro)

Proximus most probably will not provide you an internetbox+ if XGPON is not present on your location

Internetbox+ did come yesterday and working definitely faster than bbox 3,just bought the cat8 cables also now I need to wait only for this vilvoorde thing..

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Supprised to find out you did receive an internetbox+ (and not an internetbox) when XGPON is not pro yet available at your premises

Internet Box - Installatiegids (proximus.be)

Supprised to find out you did receive an internetbox+ (and not an internetbox) when XGPON is not pro yet available at your premises

Internet Box - Installatiegids (proximus.be)

uh, sorry for misswriting i have the normal internet box

Reageer