Beantwoord

Complaint Nr 2 on my bills - pls don't delete until case unsolved

Dear Customer Service,

I'm writing to solve my problem and clarifying the payments between Proximus and myself with a definite ending.

I already sent a complaint on the same topic on 11th of January but unfortunately during 3 month it was unsolved, therefore I ask to escalate the case to your group manager for a final solution. My customer Number is 617867539.

Long story short and fact based: In December I got an sms from Intrum (Proximus referentie 25723785, Intrum 21054261) and unfortunately I payed it without checking my payed bills as Intrum told that I own 3 month charge for Proximus. This was a 155,54 EUR. As I moved in September therefore I thought maybe due to the moving I forgot to pay my bills and I thought that I pay for November and December also. Of course when you have an Intrum sms than you get a heart attack and you pay unfortunately.

I talked to 4 colleges of you in the beginning of January to find out what is going on, as I started to get reminders for the November-December invoices. Than I saw something is not OK.

It turned out that one of your college made a mistake and:

- didn’t realise that my September 2017 payment was included in my October bill, which was much higher than usual,

- she sent reminder letter to an old address, where I don’t live since more than 3 years (and I always informed you about my address changes which are also registered in the system) - so I never got it. (you can check the recorded tapes)

The 155,45 EUR Intrum cost was coming from the following: 48,09 EUR September fee+2,202 EUR technical change of Proximus to change my account nr + 45 EUR fine from Proximus for late payment + 60 EUR “schadevergoeding" for Intrum.
Since 3 month I’m trying to get back my money, which cost was caused by your college’s mistake - I think it is fare enough as I payed 2x September bill and 2x a huge fine. Especially it feels very bad as I’m a good payer and that I am very compliant. Since 3 month the issue is unsolved and I get regularly new payment statements with extra late payment fees, my telephone was switched off 2x also and Proximus wanted to charge me 30 EUR for switching it back.

Since than I’m e-mailing with your college Tina to solve it correctly: she made credit notes for the Proximus part of the job (I was at Intrum and got her a paper that Intrum already sent back the Proximus part of the invoice) but of course Intrum will not pay back the 60 EUR as Proximus asked them to do the job.

I thought that the easiest that Proximus will send back the 155 EUR, but Tina wrote that only credit notes are possible or better for Proximus - whatever. OK. Fine for me. I thought that I will get credit note for each invoice until I didn’t use up the 155 EUR. (My monthly bills were very low amount).

What I suggested to her several times to deduct the 155 EUR from each bill as below: this means I confirm of course all the relevant cost regarding my telephone usage, but will not pay and extra cost for late payment as it is not my mistake that no credit notes were done in time. The 60 EUR Intrum fee Proximus should take on goodwill as it was caused by one of your college as she involved them unnecessary.

I tried everything during this 3 month and I got different answers all the time: 2x promise for contacting Intrum to get back the 60 EUR, than “lets forget it why and how happened”, than "she will look at the invoices", than “it is not possible to get back anything from Intrum”. I think non of your colleges or Proximus would pay for the mistake of a client, so Proximus should also not expecting from me just to pay 60 or 155 EUR just because somebody made a mistake.

No problem as mistakes happen, but then has to be apologised and solved asap and not let the customer run after her money personally by Intrum, than write 15x by your college and don’t solve it forever, just switching off her phone and sending late payment letters.

As this issue is unsolved since 3 month there was no ending seen, I had no other choice than to stop my Proximus account which I had since 4 years. 😞 It is just not fun anymore to be your client with this treatment.

2 days after I got an automatically generated message that "Dear customer, We have received your mail well.You no longer have credit and we can not issue a refund. At Proximus invoices are still unpaid for a total of 106,16 eur”

I don’t think it is correct to ask your customer to pay for Proximus mistake. I’m not asking any discount or reduction just that I should pay what I used. My suggestion is still the same what I wrote to Tina:

To deduct fro the 155 EUR the following amounts:
- my November bill was 29,17 EUR
- my December bill 36,55 EUR
- my January bill 86,82 EUR, from which 41,82 EUR is correct (the 30 EUR switch back my mobile and 15 EUR late paying is not adequate)
- my Febr bill is 50,25 EUR (from which 35,25 EUR that is correct - as 15 EUR is generated due to late payment)
- my March bill is 55,58 EUR (from which 44,14 EUR is correct - same reason as above) - minus the 12,75 EUR what Proximus owes me from Intrum money.

So all in all for the whole period from November until end of March I should pay correctly 31,39 EUR.
Please let me know if we can agree on this as final amount. I think it is fare enough as I’m paying what I used and you can close the file without spending further time on this case.

If you don’t agree please let me the reason as we need than an external facilitator.

If you need to reach me, feel free to reach me via my e-mail address or via my phone, what is unchanged since years.
Thanks a lot.

Kind regard,

Olga
icon

Beste antwoord door WilfriedJ 10 April 2018, 16:28

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +3
Hi Olga,
I have made 2 credit notes -2X15 EUR reminder fees.
The rests saldo are the subscription and usage fees 40,58 EUR invoice 6831767535, 28,08 EUR invoice 6830227631 and 22,50 EUR invoice 6828315312.
Tot rest saldo is 91,16 EUR.

By this all the reminder fees are credited
and the only remaining cost are the subscriptions and usage until the cancelation of the services.
Best regards Wilfried
Hi Wilfried,

thanks for helping, I really appreciate it.

Did you had the chance to read my story and see that Proximus charged me via Intrum a 155 EUR for September bill and extra fine due to a mistake?
As I paid September bill in the October bill.

Since than I didn't got back this 155 EUR. Therefore I suggested to give credit note for the bills are written above. Like that I have to pay 31,39 EUR for the whole periode of November March.

Thansk for helping,

Kind regards,

Olga
Reputatie 6
Badge +3
Hi Olga,

The fees 'Intrum' charges you for we can not compensate
If you can send us a copy of the invoice from the debt collector 'Intrum' we can refer to it as argument and motivation to suspend the remaining bills.
Kind regards, Wilfried
Dear Wilfried,

Thanks for your help.
Intrum probably will not pay back the money not for Proximus and not for me as they just did the work what Proximus asked for by mistake.

As you see above I paid my September bill with fine for Promimus already in the October bill, so your college sent Intrum after me totally unnecessary as she didn’t check the bills – causing an extra 155 EUR cost.

I guess this is not the first time that a college makes a mistake by Proximus, so depending on your internal rules you can take on Proximus goodwill for client or subtract from the college salary or if you want ask back from Intrum the money- that is Proximus internal thing.
If you want to get back the money from Intrum for your colleges mistake than I'm sending here:
- a print screen of the Intrum invoice Nr
- and also I have a document from Intrum which shows that Proximus got back the following amounts from Intrum > the 45 EUR Proximus fine part + 48,09 EUR September fee of the bill already on 18.12.2017. But this is in such a format that it is not possible to upload here and I cannot transform it. But was sent to your college, so I guess it is attached to my case.

Thanks a lot for your help and I hope that Proximus will handle the case correctly as asked above.

Waiting for your credit notes and one final invoice containing 31,39 EUR for November – March periode.

Kind regards,

Olga
Reputatie 6
Badge +3
Hi Olga,
Can you send the copy through this link, I can't open it from here
Best regards, Wilfried
Hi Wilfried,
I opened it and by the "Private messages" section there is no attachment button like here. Only formatting icons.... Same icon row like here, except the first "file attachment" button.
Where should I send them?
Best regards,
Olga
Reputatie 6
Badge +3
Hi Olga,

I do not know what type of file the attachment is formatted maybe you should try to convert to a PDF file.
I get the message 'Whoops, looks like something went wrong.'
Best regards, Wilfried
Dear Wilfried,

I made print screen of both docs. I hope you can see them.

I got this week 3 bills or letters from Proximus, the last one is what you write above than you cancelled 2x 15 EUR. So my total outstanding bills are 40,58 EUR? Meaning from last year beginning of November until today? Because before it was 91 above in one of your mail.

As I have to pay 40, 58 EUR than we can agree on this and to close this case. Just I have to be ensured that this is the last payment and please tell me on which reference I should send the money.

Thanks,
Olga
Reputatie 6
Badge +3
Dear Olga,
I can not open the attachments you added in the appendix of your message.
The fees Intrum sent you, can only be suspended by Intrum.
As I stated previously, this stands apart from the remaining costs Proximus has billed you for.
I have suspended the remaining bills, so unless Proximus decides to make a new calculation there are no open invoices to be paid for now.
Best regards. Wilfried

Dear Wilfried,

I got the invoice about 91 EUR.

Did you understand from the previous emails that your college caused the extra Intrum cost for me by her mistake? I asked to Proximus to take responsibility for that and to pay that part.

So it means that Proximus is just letting the customers pay if their employees make a mistake and do not care?

Thanks,
Olga

Reageer