Vraag

Mobilus Unlimited Premium 300GB vraag

Reputatie 3
Badge

Ik vraag mij af , vanaf 1/06 is er een nieuwe limiet van 300GB voor Mobilus Unlimited Premium & over de 300GB vertraagd aan 512kb , nu is mijn vraag gaan we in de MyProximus app dan terug een meter zien in plaats van enkel het woord onbeperkt ? Persoonlijk zou ik dan liever die meter terug hebben, zo kun je mooi volgen hoeveel je van die 300GB gebruikt.

Groeten

52 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Jurgen_039 Voor deze plannen zullen we vanaf 1/6 inderdaad opnieuw de donut (of een balk) tonen. Groetjes, Antonella

Reputatie 3
Badge

Super !!! een donut van 300GB dan?  en als deze vol is dan zal er staan lagere snelheid? 

Groeten

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Jurgen_039 Vanaf het ogenblik dat de balk vol is(300GB opgebruikt)dan gaat de verlaagde snelheid automatisch toegepast worden.Groetjes,Joel

Reputatie 2

If the 300GB is reached, is it possible to book more data for an additional fee? the reason why I am asking is that we live in a rural area and our fixed line is incredibly aged and slow. We get a maximum of 7 Mbit down and 1Mbit up and there is only an old copper DSL line here… 

The Mobilus Unlimited Premium was a lifesaver for us because we could use it for more demanding stuff like streaming, video calling etc.

Thanks for your help!

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Is it not possible for Proximus to offer you the dsl+4G “Tessares” solution** at your location to provide you higher download and upload speed on the fixed network?

Hybrid access solution - Tessares

The above solution is provided to dsl customers on a case by case base if the internzl Proximus 4G coverage on your location is excellent and the load of the local 4G antenna allows it (priority for the “real mobile traffic”

** only for internet, no 4G support for IPTV, IPTV only provided via dsl part 

Reputatie 2

Thank you M_016 for this very useful information!

I checked my area and even when setting it to 10M my area is Yellow. 2 Years ago when I canceled the fixed line and switched to the Mobilus subscription my connection topped out at 20M/D 2M/U

Today I called proximus and explained my case and that the fixed line, especially the upload, makes the connection not really adequate (streaming, home automation, cameras etc.) and then I asked about the Hybrid 4G Solution. He researched and found that its called XDSL9 4G Tessares and suggested that I sign up for a fixed line and once the technician is here I should speak to him.

I asked if he knew the requirements for it and he mentioned something like " a connection not faster than 7Mbit...." I mean I had 20D but my upload is terrible. And with 2M Upload I can hardly do a video call since downloading at 20M will almost block the line as upload packages are being sent when downloading too….

So it remains to be seen if I qualify for it since the 4G Proximus reception here is excellent and the next tower is only 400M away sending at 1800MHZ and 2100MHZ (B1+ B3) the 800MHZ Band is also avalible but capped at 20M.

I checked coaxial teledistribution and there is no provider here that offers it :( 

Can anyone here shed some light on what the requirements are for qualification for this  XDSL9 4G Tessares solution? 

Any help would be appreciated since we are struggling with the internet connection here for over 9 years now….

if you are in a "white/grey zone" and the 4G coverage is good, I suspect you qualify (unless too many are already active in such a way in your area) the information regarding gray and white zones (which streets/municipalities) can be found in a message  via the link below Breedbandinternet in de grijze/witte zones - 30 Mbps in 2020 - oplossingen type xdsl&4G - Proximus versus KPN | Proximus Forum

The Proximus employees on this public forum will provide you with information about dsl+4G tessares, they have to consult a backend and they are no longer active on this public forum until monday.

PS: 

list of the white/grey zones

List of sectors, with the NIS code, the name of the sector, the municipality and the region | BIPT

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Proximus moderators will be able to provide you feedback on the subject dsl+4G tessares begin next week

I do understand you currently do not have anymore a Proximus dsl internet line, only 4G data via Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G (with 300 GB/month limitation as of June 1, 2022 & this max. volume limitation would be a problem)

Please do:

already provide feedback via this forum (reaction on your initial message) of the guaranteed dsl speed results via Speedtest internet connection | Proximus

check your 4G down/up speed on your location (20/2 for a 4G antenna at 400 m on 800 MHz seems to be rather low at 1st sight)

Test your Internet speed with the Speedtest | Proximus

indicate if not already done your customer number in your forum login profile (only visible there for Proximus)

To my knowledge the dsl+4G Tessares solution is offered  only on a case by case base to a limited number of customers if the local 4G antenna load permits it and the internal house 4G coverage is “good”

On the Fr forum moderators already did indicate currently the solution can eventually be offered to customers with a dsl speed of max +/- 16 Mbps download

Succes

@M_016 I heard from someone that Prox would put a cap on 20Mbps on the 4G connection in case of  the DSL/4G solution, do you know something about that, I thought you got higher speeds?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

There indeed most probably is a cap, which one however is to be confirmed/indicated by Proximus moderators

Currently I am at +/- 30/10 Mbps down/up and the max detected in the past was situated around +/- 45/20 Mbps

I do suppose values are linked to the varying 4G antenna load (priority to real mobile data traffic) 

Via 4G Mobilus I do detect real mobile speeds +/- 70 to 100 Mbps (4G on 800 MHz at +/- 900m)

Based on the information the author did provide on the userbase forum my understanding is that the limiting factor will be the Mobilus data volume as of June 1st and the (total) upload speed 

Nest cameras are sending all info to the cloud  

Internet bandwidth and speed requirements for Nest cameras - Google Nest Help

Change Nest camera or doorbell video quality - Google Nest Help

Internet bandwidth and speed requirements for Nest cameras - Google Nest Help

P.S.

He researched and found that its called XDSL9 4G Tessares and suggested that I sign up for a fixed line and once the technician is here I should speak to him.

To my knowledge field technicians do not have the permission to install the “boost” Sagem F@st 4G modem

Installation of the dsl+4G Tessares solution must be granted by a back office team (and therfore better should be checked previously via the Proximus moderators on this public forum)

FYI:

Tessares = Sagem 4G modem F@st 4360 air connected to WAN Bbox3v+ and customer equipment connected either directly via ethernet/WiFi to Bbox or via own private router to the Bbox 

Reputatie 2

Thank you M_016 for this very useful information!

I checked my area and even when setting it to 10M my area is Yellow. 2 Years ago when I canceled the fixed line and switched to the Mobilus subscription my connection topped out at 20M/D 2M/U

Today I called proximus and explained my case and that the fixed line, especially the upload, makes the connection not really adequate (streaming, home automation, cameras etc.) and then I asked about the Hybrid 4G Solution. He researched and found that its called XDSL9 4G Tessares and suggested that I sign up for a fixed line and once the technician is here I should speak to him.

I asked if he knew the requirements for it and he mentioned something like " a connection not faster than 7Mbit...." I mean I had 20D but my upload is terrible. And with 2M Upload I can hardly do a video call since downloading at 20M will almost block the line as upload packages are being sent when downloading too….

So it remains to be seen if I qualify for it since the 4G Proximus reception here is excellent and the next tower is only 400M away sending at 1800MHZ and 2100MHZ (B1+ B3) the 800MHZ Band is also avalible but capped at 20M.

I checked coaxial teledistribution and there is no provider here that offers it :( 

Can anyone here shed some light on what the requirements are for qualification for this  XDSL9 4G Tessares solution? 

Any help would be appreciated since we are struggling with the internet connection here for over 9 years now….

Thank you for your feedback M_16, all your information and explanation is very much appreciated. 

I entered my Address and below are the details about the speeds that I get at my location.

Historically the Upload especially can go down to 0.7M on a bad day which makes even the most mundane tasks impossible (video calls, streaming etc.) because the upload generated by downloading blocks the line and I start getting massive package loss. I’ve been manually throttling the connection (Download) to get a halfway stable connection. The situation is really bad and I and my family are very much longing for a better connection so we don’t have to use our own cellphone as a hotspot for streaming. We have been struggling with this very low internet speeds for 8 Years now. Sometimes the Proximus would tell me on the hotline that there are plans for Fiber in this Area but nothing happened in all those years and my last inquiry a few days ago revealed that there are no works planned for my location in the near future so nothing will change...

The Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G was a good solution before the Datacap of 300GB is introduced because 4G signal here is very stable and the tower is close. Multiple Bands (1800 + 2100MHZ) would gain peak speeds of 120/50M with good latency as per screenshot below.

Of course if there was any way to make an exception to keep using the The Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G subscription with a higher datavolume that would solve the problem and I would need nothing done but I imagine that this won’t be possible? 

Since we live in a village I imagine that the cells are also not too busy so Tessares 4G could help lift the speeds (especially upload) 

@M_016  you mentioned that the Tessares 4G connection will be limited to  +/- 30/10 Mbps down/up ? that would be okay but still it would be even nicer if faster speeds were possible…

@Joel M my customer number is in the profile, if you need it again let me know. 

The technician on the hotline booked the fixed line for installation on Friday, 27 May 2022 between 08:00 and 12:30 so It would be great if until then we were able to find out if we qualify for Tessares 4G and if the technician could install it that day. If its not possible there is no point in reinstalling the fixed line as the speeds are just not enough…. :( 

Please also note that I’ve been on a the fixed line for quite a few years before Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G and the technicians came over a few times trying to improve the line quality/measure, change vectoring profiles etc. to achieve higher speeds but the connection would become even more unstable 😞 so as you can see there is a long history of struggle. 

Thanks for reading. 

Reputatie 2

please let me know if you need anything to help me out in this situation...

Reputatie 2

please inform me if you need anymore more information 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Lynx6541 

i’ve sent your message to my technical colleagues and asked to read it carefully.

If necessary they will contact you to discuss the order.

Hope it’ ll all end well..

kind regards

Tina

Reputatie 2

Thank you so much, hopefully they do contact me, mind that my phone is not working at the moment, they should contact me via E-Mail or Private Message on these forums. My E-Mail is in the profile. 

Merci

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

ok

i’ll pass the message

Reputatie 3
Badge

@Joel M @AntonellaD 

Blijft dit dan Mobilus Unlimited Premium noemen? of zal deze ook veranderen van naam naar bv Mobilus Unlimited ? gezien dit het 1nige tariefplan is die 300GB krijgt en daarna verlaagde snelheid?

Groeten

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Jurgen_039 Het abonnement Mobilus Unlimited Premium  is niet geïmpacteerd door de naamsveranderingen van enkele tariefplannen. Groetjes, Antonella

Reputatie 3
Badge

Het is vandaag 1/6 , als ik kijk in de MyProximus app zie ik nog altijd gewoon onbeperkt staan , geen balk of donut te zien van 300 GB ?? Zal dit dan nog in de loop van de dag aangepast worden?

Groeten

Reputatie 3
Badge

Ondertussen is het aangepast zie ik net.

Groeten

Reputatie 2

Hey Tina,

I wanted to give you a quick update.
The technician was here on the 27th of may and unfortunately he was not informed about installing XDSL 4G. So I managed to communicate it to him in french (using google translate)... He was very friendly and while he was there he wrote  with proximus via his Laptop to tell them to activate it in the backoffice so that he can install it but because of bridge day there was noone in the office...

He assured me that last monday it will be activated and he will come to install it but I have not heard anything back from him anymore.

I have no belgium phone line so they can only reach me via E-Mail but noone is emailing me about it. I called the technical hotline and they said that there is no request in the system for the 4G.. I am really out of ideas and quite frustrated about all this because I have now still the Mobilus 5G Contract running with 300GB since I the home line is just too slow and choking without the 4G… The upload is 0.65M so the line is unusable for me but I am being charged for 2 lines. 

Can you help me?

Reputatie 2

I managed to get in touch with someone over the support chat and they told me the following: 

Good day to you,
With Stef.
It is not possible for us, on the first line, to book it. There is a case in the backoffice that says that the 2nd line is handling the ticket right now. But on that ticket it says that it is not possible at the moment to have a stable 4g connection at home.
As soon as this changes or there is an update, the owner of the ticket will contact you.
Do you have any other questions I can help you with?

I find this really disappointing as I was using the The Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G Subscription with excellent speeds (150M/50M) for 2 Years and there were no issues. Even the technician who installed the fixed line at my place said that the 4G here is sufficient and that the activation should be no problem? 

@tina.b  can you help me with all this? I mean I have the fixed line running for no reason here at the moment. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Lynx6541 I received this feedback from my colleagues of the technical 2nd line:

This ticket was created on 26/04 and we are still waiting for an answer. The customer is also aware of this because we have been in contact via private messages on the forum.

Kind regards,
Antonella

Reputatie 2

@Lynx6541 I received this feedback from my colleagues of the technical 2nd line:

This ticket was created on 26/04 and we are still waiting for an answer. The customer is also aware of this because we have been in contact via private messages on the forum.

Kind regards,
Antonella

Thank you for checking but that makes no sense, I ordered the fixed line internet in May… The ticket must be about something else. I am interested to know about the status of the activation for the XDSL 4G for my fixed internet line. When this happens I can start using the fixed line and deactivate my Mobilus 5G Ultimate

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Lynx6541 The ticket is about the mobile coverage. The technical service will keep you posted. Kind regards, Antonella

Reageer