Beantwoord

4G Cells turning off at night?

Reputatie 2

I hope you don’t mind that I am asking in English. 

I’ve noticed since a few weeks that in the evening on my Mobilus Unlimited Premium subscription the cell that is closet to my location is not available anymore after 23:00 it switches to one that is 10KM away and my connection becomes very unstable and slow… the 800MHZ cell is still available but that one only gives me like 5Mbits. The 1800MHZ and 2100MHZ cells that are usually used with CA are simply not available anymore. Restarting the phone does not seem to help

Can you shed some light on what is happening and what I can do about it?

icon

Beste antwoord door DaisyS 26 April 2022, 15:59

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

FYI: Someone who is from Proximus itself does not visit the forum during weekends and public holidays.

Reputatie 2

Thanks for the info. Since its been ongoing I can wait a bit for an answer. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@Lynx6541 Can you provide us with your client number and cellphone number so we can check this for you?

You can add it to your forumprofile.

Reputatie 2

@Lynx6541 Can you provide us with your client number and cellphone number so we can check this for you?

You can add it to your forumprofile.

I sent you the details via PM, thanks for helping because the line is not usable at night. Ping is about 4-6K (MS) 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@Lynx6541 We are going to check it.

Reputatie 2

Any news on this? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@Lynx6541 I’ve escalated it to my colleagues!

Reputatie 2

Thank you so much Daisy, I am only asking because in the evening the internet is not usable because of this. 

Reputatie 2

Do you have an answer, 3 Days ago I was promised that Second Line Support will call me but I did not receive a call as of yet...

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Lynx6541 Daisy created a ticket to the service that can check our antenna’s but we didn’t get a solution yet. We will get you posted. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. 

Reputatie 2

Thanks for keeping me postet, as of yet the problem is still happening every evening. Hope to hear from you soon :) 

Reputatie 2

Did the checking ot the antenna’s yield any new information? I’ve inserted the SIM into a router to check for changes and from what I see the 1800MHZ and 2100MHZ cells are turning off around 23:30 (probably to save energy) so everyone is using the 800MHZ and the internet becomes unusable every evening. So there is still no change… 😐

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@Lynx6541 I already answered you via DM.

Reputatie 2

Hello Dasy, 

could you check if there is news regarding the ticket? I am still waiting and my connection is unusable at night. Thank you for your help! 

Reputatie 2

Hey Dasy, 

since yesterday the connection seems to have gotten worse even during the day the correct/closeby cells seem to have disappeared. Now the connection during the day is not usable. 

Have you gotten any new information about the situation?

Reputatie 2

To me it seems that the power management of the Cells has been changed so that some cells turn off depending on use or lack of use. it seems like this is causing the trouble. 

I’d be delighted if it was set back to the way it was for many years. 

Reageer