Beantwoord

So I decide to move to Orange, then the nonsense begins

• 10 February 2018
  • 7 reacties
  • 474 Bekeken

Well, here's the story. In December I decided to move TV/Internet and one GSM to Orange as, well, saving €30 per month is saving €30 per month. I went to the Proximus store to say this, to give Proximus the chance to contact me and to see if they could do anything to save me money and therefore keep me as a client, fair is fair after all as I didn't have any major problems with the service.

Of course, NOBODY from Proximus contacted me and that made the decision as, well, if that's what you think of your customers you can do one.

So the process was started on December the 18th, completed 18th January, and the representative in the Proximus store was told EVERYTHING, apart from the GSM+phone subscription was to be stopped. That, obviously, includes the fixed line. He says "OK", starts hitting away at the keyboard, tells me nothing more, so I think that's all sorted out and in order.

Orange stuff installed, one gsm transferred, and then I realise that, thanks to being disabled, I get sociaal tarief so wished to see which provider I would make the most saving from. That's when I found out that my fixed line was still active, which did not amuse me at all, and this was said VERY clearly online to the so-called customer services. It means that Proximus was going to lose the second GSM subscription, which I was going to keep going so my account was active should I not be happy with Orange, but that decision was made instantly.

Then I get the bill for February, and I see I'm still being billed for the transferred GSM number, something that Proximus sent me paperwork confirming that the transfer was started on 18/12, so I'm now paying TWICE for the same phone number. On top of that, I'm being billed €25 for a fixed line that was supposed to be disconnected yet is STILL active, meaning I'm being billed €56 for, effectively, ONE gsm subscription.

Does anyone here think that is right or acceptable? Being made to continue paying for a cellphone subscription which was transferred weeks earlier and where notification, accepted by Proximus, was given well over a month earlier? Does anyone think it's acceptable to be billed a ridiculous sum of money for a fixed line that was supposed to be disconnected as per the instructions given, in Dutch and not English, to the representative in the Proximus store, someone who said NOTHING about anything such as "you have to use the online form to cancel this"? Is this your business practices, Proximus, effectively stealing money from a disabled couple by charging them for services they either do not have or made clear they do not want?

I contacted the so-called customer services via social media after seeing that bill, 23 hours later there is STILL no reply explaining why this is happening. That infuriates me even more as it shows you definitely do not give a damn about your customers.

Suffice to say the decision is well and truly made. Today the subscription with remaining gsm gets transferred to Orange. The direct debit mandate is to be cancelled unless someone explains why I am paying for something I do not have and a scandalous price for something that was supposed to be disconnected and I'll happily see someone in court to explain non-payment. This is disgraceful, and could have been avoided had your representatives done their job and ensured all was in order, as that was the reason I went to the Proximus store to state that I wanted "X", "Y" and "Z", to ensure everything was done properly and with nobody saying "don't forget to do this" then it's natural to assume that all was sorted out as per my wishes.

You're going to have to have a damn good reason to get any business from me in the future, for I would rather suffer the shambles that is Telenet rather than put one cent into your services again, but I would like someone to at least explain why this absolute omnishambles has arisen as your so-called customer services have been as useful as a chocolate teapot, and that is, like your ridiculous billing for a period where I do not have your product, unacceptable by even the loosest definition of the term.
icon

Beste antwoord door AntonellaD 21 February 2018, 16:06

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
I'm very sorry to read all about this. We started an investigation to sort this out. Bills will be adapted.

Kind regards,

Tina
I expect this to be resolved by 17:00 on Wednesday, or the payment does not go through on the 26th.

However, it will not stop the transfer of the remaining GSM subscription to Orange starting within the next 24 hours
I am still waiting on someone to tell me what is happening here, there has been no amendment to the bill for this month and no communication from yourselves in any way whatsoever. The request to shit down the fixed line, AGAIN, was put in 10 days ago yet that line is still fully operational. I am still being charged line rental for a GSM that is no longer with Proximus for which you received notification of the switch on December the 18th 2017, to which I received notification that my "Tuttimus" subscription was changed to "Familus" at the beginning of this year.

The billing is disputed, and there will be absolutely no payments now to yourselves until this is brought into order.

This matter is also to be escalated substantially, if Proximus wishes to see it's name in Test Aankoop, etc, AGAIN due to it's policies on charging for services NOT received (that's fraud, receiving payment for good or services not received and I do not hold back on prosecutions if I feel like doing so), if Proximus wishes to explain this to a judge in court of law, then so be it as I have been more than patient in regard to this matter already.

Your mess, get it sorted out NOW.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Hi MadJock,

Case 32871587 is still in treatment. A case manager will look into this matter and will keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Antonella
Hi MadJock,

Case 32871587 is still in treatment. A case manager will look into this matter and will keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Antonella

Someone will keep me posted? Apart from reactions here there has been ZERO communication from Proximus except for an acknowledgement that I informed you, AGAIN and for the THIRD time, to disconnect to shut down my fixed line. 3 weeks after that request, that line is STILL operational so would you be so kind as to tell me WHEN such communication will happen as it is easy to say you are "doing something" when nothing is being done so you can fraudulently collect money for services that are not provided or have been informed are no longer wanted.

No further payments are to be made to yourselves unless this is resolved in 48 hours, you have had over a month since my initial contact with Proximus over this to "investigate" a simple issue. And that falls squarely on Proximus, so I hope you will enjoy explaining this in the Rechtbank as my patience is no longer thin but has vanished altogether as this should have been sorted out quickly and easily over 2 weeks ago.

You have failed, Proximus, and have done so in the most miserable way possible. And it's also VERY clear that I am not an isolated case so maybe it's time that your company, and especially the so-called management, which I suspect would struggle to manage an orgy in a brothel, was brought to it's knees
And now the farce continues, as I have just seen the latest bill dated 05/03/2018.

Not only is the fixed line still active, not only am I paying for something that has been stated should be disconnected THREE times, but I am also being billed for a GSM number that was transferred to Orange in JANUARY.

When is someone going to explain this?
After FINALLY getting through to customer services via the telephone, it took minutes to sort out what should have been brought into order over 3 weeks ago. That tells me that there was nobody actually "investigating" anything so your next job is to get whoever was allegedly "investigating" this case to contact me directly to explain this absolute clusterfrak created by Proximus and to explain what will be done to apologise for this situation arising in the first case.

As I say, if it can be resolved by speaking to a very nice and understanding female via the phone in a matter of minutes then there should not have been almost a month (This has been going on longer than my first post here) of unnecessary stress, etc, which has been suffered thanks to the inability of the so-called "customer services" and alleged "case manager", who I wonder regarding the existence of given that NOBODY contacted me to say they were looking into things, not doing the damned job someone else could do, as I say, in minutes.

You should hang your heads in shame, every last one of you except the person I spoke to earlier, for you have failed miserably in your actual job, the thing you are employed to do, which is customer service as, in this case, until I managed to get to speak to someone there was absolutely no "service" whatsoever.

"Disgraceful" doesn't come close to describing this whole saga, and maybe it's time some people took a long, hard, look at themselves and thought about whether they are actually capable of doing the work they are employed to do for it's clear to me that there are definitely those who are not.

Reageer